Looking out on the horizon, here's what I see that I'll be playing this year:
The summer sale is filling my backlog with titles. I've got Legend of Grimrock, Trine 2, Anno 2070, and Penny Arcade 3 to play. By the end of this sale, I'll probably toss a couple more on the pile.
Coming up towards the end of the year:
- Firaxis is releasing X-COM: Enemy Unknown which I am super, super psyched about. Let's hope it lives up to my completely unreasonable expectations!
- Assassin's Creed 3 is also worth keeping tabs on.
I've also been involved in the FTL beta, which I might write more about for the Arqade blog here soonish.
On the radar, but not planned for release this year is:
- Watch Dogs - Looks really cool, although there's talk that maybe it's for the next generation of consoles?
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist - ERMAGERD SPLENTAR SELL!!!
- Grand Theft Auto 5 is in the pipe, although GTA4 has been dethroned by the Saint's Row series, in my estimation.
- [Saint's Row 4](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_(series)# Saints_Row_4) has apparently grown out of an unreleased bit of SR3 DLC, so with any luck we should be seeing that next year. I list this as single player, but SR3 was some good times in co-op, so let's hope co-op features are present this time around as well.
- Bioshock Infinite has been delayed a few times, but is currently scheduled for early next year. Let's hope it's more Bioshock 1 than 2.
Torchlight 2 - (releases soon?) I don't know if we're going to be action-RPG'ed out or not, but Torchlight 2 might be just the thing I need to wash the nasty Inferno taste out of my mouth.
Borderlands 2 - (releases 9/18) I had a good time with the original Borderlands, and the wife and I co-op'ed it for great entertainment. I don't know if this is a day 1 thing for us or not, given that I don't think EB was as enthused as I was about it. Time will tell...
Halo 4 - (releases 11/6) Yeah, there's no way we're not playing this, unless EB has been abducted by aliens and replaced with an imperfect clone that is missing his "Halo Fanboy" gene/indoctrination. I guess we'll see if 343 Industries can carry the Halo banner now that Bungie's retired. It's been a couple of years since Reach, so maybe we're ready for more Warthog'ing? I suppose we'll see come November.
Black Ops 2 - (releases 11/13) The yearly Activision tax. I wonder if the AK-47 will suck this year??? Although, we did put Black Ops off during our Reach experience. We'll have to convene a council to discuss which game we'll play first.
In the backlog, we've still got Dead Island which I started, and then decided to wait on, due to it's high co-op potential.