Boom Beach, like Clash of Clans before it, has a premium currency. In Boom Beach, this currency is called the “diamond.” You can earn free Boom Beach diamonds slowly, but you might wonder “What should I spend Boom Beach diamonds on?” This has got to be the #1 question I hear asked by new players. There are some things that you really should save them for. In this Boom Beach guide, I’ll tell you what to spend your diamonds on!
Earning Free Boom Beach Diamonds
Diamonds are pretty easy to come by in Boom Beach, but your biggest earners are going to be:
- Check your map for treasure chests, you can get 5-10 a day from this easily.
- Check your defense log for people attacking you, depending on how frequently they attack you can probably get a few per attack.
- Earning achievements also unlocks diamonds frequently.
Of course, you could always buy some :)
What Can I Spend Diamonds on in Boom Beach?
Unlike Clash of Clans, in Boom Beach there aren’t (currently) any things that you can only buy with diamonds. Diamonds thus have three major purposes:
- Speeding things up. Almost any timer in the game can be bypassed by the use of diamonds. The less time there is, the fewer diamonds you need.
- Partially bypassing resource requirements. Redditor Plus1User pointed out that if you don’t have all the resources you need, but you have some, you can spend diamonds to get the rest. Just tap the upgrade button when you don’t have enough to complete the upgrade and you’ll see this option.
- Completely bypassing time and resource requirements. If you use diamonds to instantly upgrade a building in Boom Beach, you do not have to pay the required resources, and you don’t have to wait.
Pro Tip If you’ve got the resources for an upgrade, but you don’t want to wait, it’s actually far cheaper to start the upgrade and then use diamonds to rush it. The cost is much less.
What SHOULD I Spend Diamonds on in Boom Beach?
Now, there are a couple of super important upgrades that you’ll want to save some diamonds for.
- Headquarters level 6 to Headquarters level 7. (As of this writing, it costs 176 diamonds to completely skip this upgrade). You’ll need stone to upgrade to level 7, and you can’t build the quarry until you’ve done this upgrade. Thus, you’ll have to raid for stone and your vault will protect very little of it from other raiders. I used the “partially bypass resource requirements” method to get half the stone I needed (~3k stone or so) for just 7 diamonds!
- Headquarters level 9 to Headquarters level 10. Here, like above, you can’t earn Iron until you’ve made it to level 10, but you need iron to make the upgrade. (I don’t currently have the diamond cost of this upgrade, if you know, let me know!)
In general, I’d suggest conserving most of your diamonds for headquarters upgrades anyhow. They unlock a lot of stuff and are generally worth prioritizing. But definitely try to stockpile in the lower levels so that you can hit these two milestones hard.