Help Indies. Help Child’s Play. Help Us.
All you have to do is click the red button to subscribe!
We are Without the Sarcasm, a gaming blog with a new YouTube channel. We like to play all sorts of games, but we have a special spot in our hearts for indie and mobile titles.
We’re trying to grow our channel in 2016, so that we can do a better job of sharing tips, strategies, and reviews for games that we think you’d love.
So we need to get the word out, and that means advertising! While we work on raising the capital for a SuperBowl “Lost Puppy” Ad, we figured we should have a backup plan.
Instead of stuffing sweaty fistfuls of cash into some super corporation’s pocket, we’ve decided to give our entire marketing budget to charity, instead (and we’ll probably just pay by check and avoid the sweatiness).
For every new subscriber we get in 2016, we’ll donate a dollar to Child’s Play, up to $500. We love video games, and we love helping people – and we hope that if you like those same things you’ll check us out.
Charity Drive FAQ
Why should I subscribe to your channel?
Our mission is helping you – helping you find new games you might like, and helping you get the most out of the games you already play.
We’re long-time gaming content creators who feature a lot of lesser known games. We also do crazy hard stuff in a lot of bigger games, and do our best to teach you how you can do it too. No need to be a world-class competitor – if we can do it, you can too.
If that sounds like something interesting, by all means, subscribe! If there’s something you’d like to see out of our channel, leave us a comment or send us a message.
Is there anything else I can do to help?
Help spread the word! If you’d be willing to share this page with others, that’d be awesome!
One other thing that would really help is if you’d follow us as a Steam Curator. If we get enough followers, then our recommendations will show up when people are browsing games on Steam, which helps smaller titles get the exposure they need.
How is this donation to Child’s Play going to work?
Once we’ve gained 500 new subscribers in 2016, we’ll make a $500 donation to Child’s Play. Just so that everyone knows we’ve made good on our promise, we’re probably going to donate it via the Humble Bundle. They have a leaderboard of donations for every bundle, so we ought to show up on there long enough that people can confirm we’ve done what we said we would.
If we don’t manage to get 500 new subscribers in 2016… we’ll figure out some way to get as much of our marketing budget as possible headed in Child’s Play’s direction. We’re both parents, so we know more than we want to about what it’s like having sick or hospitalized children. We’d like to do the best we can to support kids and families in need.
Do you have any ludicrous stretch goals?
Sure! What kind of drive would this be if we didn’t completely over-commit ourselves to impossible goals and underestimate the tenacity of the internet. Here are some crazy stupid things we will do if we get blown out of the water:
- 500 new subs in 2016: We donate $500 to Child’s Play. You knew that already. Unless this is the first sentence of the entire page you’ve read. In which case, you should probably start at the top. Just sayin’
- 5,000 new subs in 2016: We’ll do a game giveaway. Our Steam backlog is embarrassing, so we’ve definitely got some quantity to work with. They’re all looking for a good home.
- 10,000 new subs in 2016: Big ‘ol Gift Card Giveaway! Xbox, PSN, Google Play, iTunes, … whatever Wii uses(?), you name it.
- 50,000 new subs in 2016: Something dumb and/or cute involving a duck. The rest is TBD.
- 500,000 new subs in 2016: I’ll make some potato salad. Not for you, just for me. Maybe I’ll eat it on the stream so you can watch, you freak.
- 5,000,000 new subs in 2016: Using 3D Printers to make drones we’ll disrupt the sharing economy. (Either that, or make a bunch of money, spend it on stupid things and eventually go broke with nothing to show for it but our ruined reputation)
- 5,000,000,000 new subs in 2016: We will use our combined might to fix everything wrong with gaming. All games will run at at least 60 FPS. No more pay-to-win microtransactions or overpriced DLC. No pre-order shenanigans.
ALL OF THIS IS TOTALLY DOABLE GUYS! BELIEVE AND WE WILL SUCCEED!